Wednesday 15 May 2013

Page Maps inspired card

Page Maps and Shanna Vineyard have asked for people to make their own stamps and use them on a layout or card inspired by Page Maps.  Since I am starting to really get into cards I thought I would do that.  It was more of a challenge than I expected.  I used a Stampin Up punch and punched a bird, then drew it onto foam and used it like Shanna suggested as a stamp.  So the background of the card is stamped all over with birds.  I wanted to continue that bird theme so I punched a bird out of the foil that seals the top of a Milo tin.  I ran it through the embosser and then dabbed brown and rusty red paint on it till I was happy.  The papers are all My Minds Eye.  It was a lot of fun stepping outside the square and trying to make a product work in more than one way.



No comments:

Post a Comment